Saturday, April 4, 2009

Home Economics

I am a massive fan of Gilt Group.  Probably because I love sample sales and this website allows me to do battle with other rabid shoppers with my mouse rather than having real life confrontations in various states of undress.  Who's excited for the Louboutin sale coming up next Wednesday!!!

Anyway, you can imagine my excitement when I started reading on all of the design blogs that there is now a home version of Gilt Group called One Kings Lane.  Same concept...you have to become a member, if you refer a friend and they buy something you get a $25 credit (hook me up with some credits if you feel so inclined), and they've got many sales per week (in this case, it seems to be a sale per day).

They've got quite a few good things going on at the moment...

Ann Gish has got some cool pillows and whatnot:

Arte Italia has got some lovely serving pieces (I'm a total sucker for dishes of any sort, because they indicate food will be filling them at some point).


I love how this bowl is sort of basic country but that silver rim makes it quite sophisticated at the same time.

And Lunt Silversmiths has got some adorable stuff.

How funny is this bookend?


And I love the silver plated leaf serving platter.


Ah, I can feel my productivity levels dropping already as my internet browsing time increases...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great site. I'll have to check it out.
Thanks
Patricia

annechovie said...

Hi Laura! Love these! Thanks for the offer of travel tips if I go to BA - have a great wknd!

Unknown said...

I love the little chair!

Jackie at PhamFatale.com said...

I would love to own the chair bookend as a real chair. Lovely design. I love sales. Gotta check it out

Blog Widget by LinkWithin