Wednesday, April 1, 2009

For The Ladies

A tip for the curvier ladies out there:  you must pick up a pair of H&M jeans, the fit is amazing, and there is no tailoring necessary.

I'm actually not the hugest H&M fan generally.  I think it makes a lot of sense for people who buy clothes and get tired of them quickly, but my shopping style tends more towards the see-something-too-expensive-and-become-obsessed-with-it-and-occasionally-save-up-enough-in-a-year-to-buy-it.  So for me, H&M is a little torturous.  I buy something that I love from them (which, happily I don't have to save up for) and then it falls apart before I'm ready to part with it.

But my fellow curvy girl Vivian swears by H&M jeans, and since she is unfailingly impeccably turned out I decided to take her advice and buy a pair.  Besides, for $30 it wasn't much of a leap of faith, now was it?

Let me tell you, I have never gotten so many compliments as I have on my super dark wash boot cut H&M's.  Paul literally asked if I was ill because I looked like I had lost "too much weight".  And I've had them for nearly a year now and they seem to be showing no discernible wear, which is pretty impressive, even for non-H&M clothes.

So no more three figure priced jeans.  No need, simply no need.  In a good economy or a bad one.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

The H&M tragedy! I have the same problem, if I really loved something from them it doesn't last. Haven't tried their jeans yet though.

Laura said...

You must...I wouldn't steer you wrong!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin