Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm Famous! Kind Of, Not Really

So I'm just getting into Google Analytics, which is a program that tells you how many people are visiting your blog, how they're looking at the blog, how long they're on it, etc. Well I've just discovered the map function and was happily surprised to see that I have a bit of an international following! I was thrilled to see 46 visits from the United Kingdom, but then realized that the vast majority of them are probably my sister (hi Robin!). I was also very excited about my little Swiss readership, until I realized that my Swiss readers were located in Basel, which happens to be where my friend Elaine is living for the year (hi Elaine!).

But just the same, I've had visits from France, Spain, India, Bulgaria, Puerto Rico, Canada and Sweden. So exciting! Hello all you non-Americans! Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura!

Anonymous said...

How many readers do you have from NYC?

Laura said...

Well, looks like in the past month I've had 193 visits from New York State, 166 of which were from Manhattan and 17 of which were from Brooklyn. Even got some action from Long Island City, White Plains and Astoria! And it looks like I've got readers in 19 states across the country. I love this map feature...could spend hours on it!

Anonymous said...

That's great to hear, any recent bump in activity, as i only bumped into your blog in the past week and I make sure to spread it around to all my friends. LOVE hearing about all of your chocolately adventures!

Laura said...

There most definitely has been an uptick, thanks so much for passing it along!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin