Friday, October 10, 2008

Keeping The Doctor Away

The Greenmarket is full of apples now, and there seem to be more varieties than ever.  I love this time of year;  apples are one of the few fruits that New York does better than California, which means that I'm never homesick in the fall (unlike the summer, when I miss good peaches, plums, nectarines, melons and low humidity).  

Like racehorses, I tend to pick apples based on how much I like their names.  This is how I stumbled upon the glorious GoldRush.     

It is my new favorite eating apple, and has quickly surpassed my old standby, the Honeycrisp (see what I mean with the names?  how delicious does Honeycrisp sound?).  I've unfortunately only found one vendor that sells them so far, so will be stocking up posthaste.  I strongly suggest you do the same!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin