Friday, August 7, 2009

Weekly Roundup

Through a commenter on A Bloomsbury Life, I came across the British retailer Ben Pentreath. There is plenty to ogle on this site, from furniture to textiles to John Derian decoupage plates to fancy notebooks, but it's the china that I just can't get out of my head. Perfectly charming and utilitarian, I'm seriously considering getting one of these:


And perhaps a couple of its friends, just so it won't be lonely.

Thursday is always welcome in my house because it means that the New York Times will deliver the Home section to my door. Today, in an article about a garden in a concrete corner of Gowanus, a blog called 66 Square Feet was mentioned. I'm already officially a fan. The blog covers gardening/gardens/planting in New York, which is really quite inspiring. It can be hard to plant anything here in the concrete jungle, so when someone does it successfully it does seem like quite a feat, and should be shared with the masses.

And if the heat and humidity has got you down, head on over to My Pear Tree House, a blog written by the lovely Jane. She's Australian, so is in the middle of winter. If you really want to get into it, give her winter cold and flu remedy a try...I imagine that iced it would make for quite the refreshing summer drink!

And lastly, for the first week ever, Paul and I didn't finish our CSA box from last week so now that our new one has arrived we are awash in produce. I can barely fit it all in the fridge! I see quite a bit of canning and preserving in my weekend future. Sauerkraut anyone?

4 comments:

The Townhouselady said...

While you're making sauerkraut how about making some coleslaw (my fav)?

Jane said...

Oh thank you Laura for your kind comment. 3 degrees here this morning but nice clear skies! Have a lovely weekend. Jane ...

vicki archer said...

Thank you for those blog tips - I always enjoy discovering new ones. Happy cooking...xv

Laura said...

Townhouselady - I just may, I just may.

Jane - 3 degrees? We're swampy and overcast here, but the last couple of days have been quite beautiful. I'm afraid that summer may be starting in earnest now though!

Vicki Archer - I adore your blog, I'm glad that you're enjoying finding new ones!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin