Thursday, May 28, 2009

What I Like This Week

I am a massive fan of The Kitchn, so couldn't be happier to have been chosen to write a guest post for them! I rhapsodize over foodstuffs on their site here.

I love bacon candy, so am totally captivated by the idea of bacon caramel, which Nom de Plume has graciously recommended a source for.

Terry over at Blue Kitchen has an inspired idea for my lunch next week with his Chicken Salad With Toasted Coconut and Roasted Cashews.

Clotilde at Chocolate and Zucchini has an absolutely brilliant idea for a tart dough (olive oil, no butter!), which I anticipate will be making my kitchen debut this weekend.

And on another note, I was lucky enough to get a tour yesterday of the much anticipated Highline. The elevated park is not yet open, as they are still putting on the finishing touches, but will be open to the public starting mid-June.

It certainly did not disappoint! The actual park is stunningly similar to the original renderings that were created at the beginning of the process (with smaller trees of course). The plantings do a beautiful job of approximating a field of wild flowers and grasses, and the architectural elements are sleek and imaginative.

I have a sneaky suspicion that I will be whiling away quite a few hours on the rolling wooden chaise lounges this summer!

7 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

The chicken salad sounds divine, and the elevated park is pure genius!

Ulla said...

OMG is am so jealous! How did you score a visit?

Laura said...

One of my few perks through work...

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

Laura! The Kitchn thing is so, so cool! You can probably see my smile all the way from Chicago about this. Also, thanks for the shout out for the chicken salad--hope you enjoy it! Wow. That's way too many exclamation points from me in one comment. Think I'd better go lie down for a bit.

Laura said...

Thanks Terry! Love the enthusiasm! And your chicken salad! Now I'm going to go lie down.

The Townhouselady said...

I'm very excited about the opening the Highline. How cool that you were able to preview it. Whenever you hear about wonderful things like this you worry that it's going to get bogged down in red tape and minutia. I'm really glad this has come to fruition.

pve design said...

I like what you like...
pve

Blog Widget by LinkWithin