Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Roundup

With all of the warm weather this week, I've got Lilly Pulitzer on the brain. Not my normal style, but somehow when the sun starts showing its face I start to fantasize about beach houses and perfectly white dresses. And 70s caftan/tunics.

I have been obsessed with Vivienne Westwood's VW Flag design for years. The pillow, the rug, I can't afford either but given how long I've had this thing on my mind, I may have to save up and spend my savings irresponsible. But recently I've discovered that the Rug Company collaborates with other quite talented folks...Matthew Williamson has some fabulous stuff, and unsurprisingly, the great Alice Temperley shows off her considerable talents as well. Yet more items to pine after helplessley.

Deb at Smitten Kitchen shares what looks to be one of the most complex yet delicious bread recipes ever and I fully intend to make it this weekend.

David Lebovitz tempts me with fabulous almond cookies, which I also fully intend to make this weekend.

And The Real Housewives of New York, which I have always loved, officially wore out its welcome with this week's episode. Ladies, I hate to tell you this, but you graduated from high school years ago. Perhaps we should move on from the petty squabbling? Or at least choose a new squabble from week to week so as not to bore your audience?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin