Friday, May 8, 2009

Friday Roundup

Still haven't bought that floor lamp, but now I've stumbled upon another that I covet...


Sadly, it appears only to be available in Europe and I can't even find a price for it.  Boo.

I am newly obsessed with summer shoes...my latest desire are these Andre Assous espadrille wedges at Piperlime.


It's been a bit too long since I've had a weekend away, but now that I'm finally getting out of town, I seem to be missing all the best sales!

For those in NYC Saturday and Sunday, check out the sale put on by a couple of former Domino editors, as they will be selling items from photo shoots gone by...for CHEAP. And you know when I say cheap, it really is. Saturday, 10-5, 13 West 9th Street, garden apartment. Cash only.

And Bklyn Designs, a showcase ostensibly for Brooklyn designers (but which apparently has become so well respected that it is attracting designers from Europe as well), is occurring May 8-10 at St. Ann's Warehouse in Dumbo, at 38 Water Street. Tickets are $12 in advance, $15 at the door.

If in New York, enjoy it for me...if not, hope your weekend is beyond lovely.

5 comments:

Giovanna said...

I need to stop looking at your blog--I thought it was stuff you liked, not stuff I will like and want!!!!

Sigh. Striped espadrilles. I want them AND summer!

Terry at Blue Kitchen said...

Laura, you seem to choose lamps like some women choose men. They may look cool and Euro, but I'm telling you they're no good!

Getting out of town, eh? Have a great time!

Laura said...

Terry - Ha! How right you are. Thankfully I never feel the need to commit to any of them.

The Townhouselady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Townhouselady said...

Thanks for stopping by on by my blog and leaving your comment. It's always appreciated! Come on back anytime.

I'm really liking your blog. So much so that I'm adding it to my blog roll.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin