Friday, June 19, 2009

What I Liked This Week

Pia Jane Bijkerk. A stylist/photographer/generally creative person living on a houseboat in Amsterdam, she blogs about and photographs her everyday, which is quite a bit more beautiful than the average everyday. I am totally captivated by her photos, and charmed by her obsession with flowers (and can particularly relate to her love of peonies!). She's just written a book about the artisans of Paris called Paris: Made by Hand which I cannot wait to explore.


After hearing many wonderful things about Eugenia Bone's book Well-Preserved, I took a gander through while browsing in my favorite bookshop the other day. Officially obsessed! I fully intend to buy obscene amounts of produce this weekend to can, stew and pickle.

My favorite Swedish design blogger is back from her break. Hooray! Am I the only one having a moment with Scandinavian design?

2 comments:

Prêt à Voyager said...

i liked pia this week too :)

happy weekend!

anne

Unknown said...

Well Preserved...yes!

My garden produce is growing day by day and I cannot wait to begin canning. It brings back fond memories of mom in the kitchen.

I do have a new ceramic cooktop (too expensive to run gas lines) so am researching electric canning devices.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin