Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Man After My Heart

I am a dyed in the wool Democrat.  I've spent the better part of my life living in the Bay Area and in New York City, so it would be pretty hard for me to be any other way.  But that said, I love George Will, the conservative pundit at George Stephanopoulos's roundtable on his Sunday morning talk show.

Mr. Will is crotchety but very smart...possibly even brilliant, I can't quite tell.  Although I don't always agree with his politics, I feel like he consistently is the voice of reason in any debate...along with Cokie Roberts, with whom I generally agree politically, and who is also a regular at George's table.

But today my man was on particularly good form.  In response to Sam Donaldson's pontificating regarding the stimulus bill (a vote against it is a vote to do nothing, was essentially his message), Mr. Will responded, after one beat of silence during which he had one of his signature looks of incredulity on his face, "You are a pyromaniac with a fuel of straw men."  Brilliant, I love it!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin