Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Kindred Soul

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I am totally obsessed with Bravo.  It's anti-intellectual of me, but I love every single one of their reality shows.  Top Chef, Project Runway, Rachel Zoe, Flipping Out, Millionaire Matchmaker...and the crown jewel that is the Real Housewives series.  Orange County, New York and Atlanta.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that overall I prefer New York, 


but I love Orange County for the fake boobs, 


and Atlanta for the wigs.

Through my Housewives obsession, I came across a hysterical blog called Scented Glossy Magazines that, at least lately, is devoted entirely to witty commentary on the Housewives episodes.  The woman who writes it is just...witty I guess is the best way to explain it...equally as good as the Fug Girls, which is really saying something as they are the queens of the snarky and yet sympathetic comment (my favorite kind).  She belittles the evil women, calling them out for what they are, spares the sympathetic, generally good women while poking a little good natured fun at them.

Now you likely will not find this site particularly relevant if you don't follow the Housewives on a regular basis (I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't, but it does take all kinds), but if you do, Scented Glossy Magazines will have you in stitches.  

1 comment:

SGM said...

Thank you! I bet President Obama secretly watches it--it's that good. Hooray for Bravo!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin