Monday, December 8, 2008

I Know, I Know, I Need To Get A Life

I suppose this little find of mine should also be filed under the unnecessarily obsessive domestic perfection heading, along with my tupperware. So I apologize to those of you who are not into that whole thing. To those that are, you are going to love this.

I ducked into the Ricky's in Soho the other day to avoid a massive rainstorm and ended up wandering around for a good half hour marveling at all of the obscure beauty gadgets that they stock. At one point I found myself carrying around three different types of back scrubbers (why I don't know, I have never in my life scrubbed my back). But then I came across was seemed to be a wall full of various German implements.

I don't know why, but I trust things made in Germany. There's just something practical and sturdy feeling about them. On this teutonic wall I saw this little beauty:

A Titania Brush Cleaner. At $2.99 for one it felt like a bargain, so I dropped the back scrubbers and went for it.

Turns out the thing works wonders. Now I'm not going to pretend that I have trouble getting hair out of my brush. I just comb it out, or when my hair is long it all pulls out of the brush in a clump and Paul becomes convinced that I'm developing alopecia.

But what I can never remove is that random fuzz that seems to get caught at the base of the bristles. I have no idea what it is, perhaps down from my pillows that gets caught in my hair when I'm sleeping? Who knows. Whatever it is, the little wonder brush cleaner dispenses with it. After a going over with the Titania my brush now looks like it has just come out of the package from the store. Perfectly clean. Lovely.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin